Entrian Source Search 1.7.10: Lots of small enhancementsThursday, August 24th, 2017 by Richie Hindle
I’m very pleased to announce the release of Entrian Source Search 1.7.10, with a pile of fixes and small enhancements:
- Fixed a crash (PathTooLongException) when you have source files with pathnames longer than 260 characters. Thanks, Uwe.
- Fixed a bug whereby opening a XAML file that wasn’t part of the current solution would fail. Thanks, Cyril.
- The size of the Source Search toolbar and dialogs is no longer insanely big on some High DPI machines after you log in with Remote Desktop. Thanks, Brett.
- Relaxed the Fuzzy rules to be slightly more fuzzy; previously ‘state’ wasn’t a fuzzy match for ‘status’, and now it is. Thanks, Patrick.
- The crash dialog now remembers your email address. Thanks, Jan.
- Installing Source Search as an adminstrator now correctly makes it available for all non-admin users. Thanks, Igor.
- Fixed a typo on the New Index dialog. Thanks, Sam.
- If there’s a crash while loading the settings, the settings file is no longer kept locked by the crashed process. Thanks, Daniel.
- Opening an index for writing is now quicker than in previous versions.
- The crash dialog now points out that you can redact the crash dump before sending it, in case there’s anything sensitive in there.
As always, this upgrade is available for free to all licensed users, and as a 30-individual-day trial for everyone else. You can download it from the gallery or the download page.