- Fuzzy search: you can check the new ‘Fuzzy’ button to match:
– variations: Archive matches
– international spellings: Color matches
– spelling mistakes: Definitely matches
(For a large solution, fuzzy searches do go a bit slower than normal searches – they take a couple of seconds rather than being mostly instant.)
- You can now specify a filter with no search term, eg. file:*terrain* dir:renderer, to get a list of the matching files. Thanks, Reva.
- There’s now a persistent toggle for ‘loose’ phrases on the toolbar, to save you typing loose: all the time. Thanks, Rory.
- You can now use the keyboard to toggle the options from the search box: Alt+C for Case sensitivity, Alt+L for Loose phrases, and Alt+F for Fuzzy search. Thanks, Rory.
- Your selections for Case sensitivity, Loose phrases, and Fuzzy search are now remembered between sessions.
- Since phrases can now include wildcards, hitting Alt+= with
char*selected now escapes the asterisk: char\*. Thanks, Ryan.
- The shortcut keys for moving through your search history (Ctrl+[ and Ctrl+] in the Search box) no longer conflict with Resharper.
- The ‘Hint’ dropdown and the tooltip for the Search box now include examples for Loose phrases. Thanks, Darker.
As usual there’s a 30-individual-day trial for new users, and the upgrade is free for existing users.
You can download 1.4.9 from the Download page.