I’ve just released Entrian Inline Watch 1.0.1, which fixes the following bugs:
- Values for long strings no longer sometimes gain an extra double-quote character. Thanks, Martin.
- Where a debugger uses backticks in 64-bit addresses (like the WndDBG engine does) Inline Watch no longer only sees the part before the first backtick.
- Values are now displayed for array lookups that use an expression for the array suffix, eg.
a[i+1]. Thanks, Martin.
- Fixed a crash when Visual Studio gets into a state where it can’t access the debuggee’s call stack. Thanks, Fred.
- Where an accessor or array expression is followed by a semicolon or a comma (
like.this();) the value is now displayed in the right place, rather than after the semicolon. Thanks, Martin.
- Values containing ampersands are now wide enough (gee thanks,
- Redundant values are no longer shown for enum constants, eg.
MyEnum.AValue. Thanks, Martin C.
- Showing a popup for a very long string (like, into the megabytes) no longer hangs Visual Studio for a few seconds – super-long strings are truncated (with an annotation to tell you it’s happened) in the popup. Thanks, Jools.
- Popups for long strings no longer fall off the bottom of the screen, and popups remember their positions properly in High DPI mode. Thanks, Martin.